Monday, February 9, 2009

I Want One -- I WANT One -- I W-A-N-T One

There's a lot going on at WWADY this week.

We're deep into So Brave, Young, and Handsome (and not to sound like a nag, but it's not too late to get your copy and read along).

I'll also be traveling to Chicago on Wednesday to attend one of the largest conferences for not dead writers (it's called AWP, which stands for The Association of Writers and Writing Programs -- though I guess the acronym should technically be AWWP or TAWWP or TAOWAWP). I'll report on the conference when I get back, but plan on an amazing report as featured speakers include Pulitzer Prize winner Art Speigelman, short-story master Charles Baxter, and about 900 other mind-boggingly-brilliant authors. For proof, check out the list of presenters here.

The news of the day, however, is that Amazon's released a new version of the Kindle. I've been scraping pennies together for months to save the $359 it takes to buy one, and this new version just might motivate me to scape together nickles and dimes as well. Check out the video below, and drool along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment